Saturday, January 22, 2011

2 Seconds


So many times in life things come at us like a Mack truck from every direction. Sometimes it seems as though there is no stability in our lives. So in return we get trapped in the whole web of life. We're on top sometimes, and then there are more windings and links added to the web. So this entry is dedicated to the hardships of life. If allowed I would just like to take but 2 seconds of your time!

Second 1:
Psalms 150:1-6
Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his supassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.
This chapter in Psalms to me is a parallel passage of 1 Thessalonians 5:18 which says, In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
God clearly wants us to praise Him in all that we do, and in neither of those passages do I see a clause where you shouldn't. So even when people are taking advantage of your kindness, Praise! So even when you haven't got full grips on who you are in Christ, Praise! So even when you're a 25, 35 or 45 year old female and you just don't see "Mr. Right" ever coming, Praise! So even when you just can't seem to make that passing grade in school, Praise! So even when you are not where you want to be in life, Praise! So even when you think you are doing everything you can to be a good and no woman wants you, Praise! So even when you've been laid off or jobless and you think there is no way you will make it to tomorrow, Praise! So even when you think you've made it, but now life is even harder, Praise! Simply put you should always Praise God!

Second 2:
Now clearly I have taken more than 2 seconds of your time, but the title is just a metaphor to get you to understand the point that it doesn't take all day to just stop and say Lord please get me back on track. While you're moaning and complaining, that's 2 seconds that you could be giving to God! While you're changing your facebook status to negative things, that's 2 seconds that you could be giving to God! While you're out there giving up on life, that's 2 seconds that you could be giving to God! Also, this entry is in memory of my Father, the late, great Bishop Prince James Jr. My wife, Felicia would love when we went home and ate over my Father's house. He would ask Felicia or myself to put his food in the microwave for about 2 seconds. Now we knew it would take longer, but He was just telling us that it doesn't take long. So next time you feel down in the dumps, just look up and say Lord I thank you, and I Praise you for what you have done, what you are doing, and what you are going to do!

As I've told you before everything I write is as much for me as it is for you. As always I pray that God will bless you spiritually, mentally, socially, physically and financially. I just ask that you do the same for me. God bless you in Jesus Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment