Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Disobedience or Not?


John 14:12-17 This passage of scripture is so powerful. Jesus not only let us know that we need to and can continue to do what He did while He was here. However, the most important scripture in this passage to me is verse 15. "If you love me, you will obey what I command".
This week is about disobeying God. The problem is many us of don't actually take the time to realize what disobedient actions are. So I think sometimes we just need to stop and say, "Lord teach me right and wrong all over again like I'm a child."
I was tweeting earlier today on the topic Open Your Eyes! I was just wondering if Christians are paying attention to what is going on in the World today. If we don't think that it has spiritual implications then we simply need to Open Our Eyes! So if every religion on the map is coming out stronger than ever and we as Christians are hiding, is that disobedience? If we walk along see someone who looks distressed and hurt and we don't try to witness to them, is that disobedience? If we are around our family, friends, co-workers, etc. who will know are not saved and we don't lead them to Christ, is that disobedience? If we're disrespecting the order of God in and out of Church, is that disobedience? If we are cursing, lying, cheating, stealing, drinking, partying, and any other thing not conducive to the Christian lifestyle, is THAT NOT DISOBEDIENCE?
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Many people think I'm trying to be all "holier than thou", but I am the first to admit that I am a sinner saved by God's Grace and I'm thankful everyday. I just wish that Christians will stop making excuses for their sin and citing that "God knows my heart." Let's obey at all cost, by any means necessary. Let's come out of the closet since everyone else is, and stop being ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 1Samuel 15:22 To obey is better than sacrifice!
As always I wish that God will bless you spiritually, mentally, socially, physically and financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment