Friday, November 5, 2010

Start Laughing


What's up people?! It's that time again for me to drop a little something that was on my mind. I was on the way to work this morning, and I always listen to Steve Harvey on the way to work. He always starts his show with 12 minutes of inspiration. I love it because it always get my mind in a positive state, which it usually is anyway. This morning as he came back from his first break before introducing the team, he started laughing histerically. While he was laughing the crew asked him if he was ok. He then went on to explain how making yourself laugh was a good thing to do, especially when you just get that deep one where you almost lose your breath. He went on to explain how it released endorphins (little chemical things that make you feel all good inside... lol). So, yes I'm the one that's crazy enough to try it. I begin to do it, and at first I felt like an idiot as I should have. As I was laughing, I said to myself, "Self!" Myself said, "huh?" I said, "Why are you laughing?" In the midst of all that the laugh became real. So I started my day off with a great laugh, and although I only had a few clients this morning because of a meeting that took the rest of the day, I was on an emotional high all day.

So I was on the way home from my meeting today and I called my homie who I haven't spoken to in a while, Damali (told you I was going to shout you out :-D), and we were just talking about her weekend. She made the simple statement that she needed some fun for her free weekend, or that she needed some comedy (feel free to correct me D). I thought about this morning, and I told her if you need that just start laughing. So I explained to her where I got it from. We were just talking about how you need to make the most of every moment and how everything happens for a reason, and then it hit me. I immediately had a blog, therefore after 2 paragraphs of explanation here goes!

A lot of times in life we go through things that make or break our spirits and emotions on a daily, hourly, minute by minute, even second by second basis. Many times we don't know how to deal with these things. Well, if you allow me I want to offer a simple suggestion... Start Laughing. Start laughing at the bill that you don't know how you're going to pay. Start laughing at that relationship that just won't go the way you want it to go. Start laughing at that last 5-10/10-20/50-100 lbs. that you just can't seem to get rid of. Start laughing at stresses on the job. Start laughing at that class that you just don't see the passing grade in. Start laughing at your spiritual, mental, social, physical and financial battles. Now people of course I'm making a very broad metaphor so to speak, but really it's kind of serious. I've written blogs before where I talked about not worrying. One in particular that is a great read is "The Pit of Depression/Negativity is Endless". So all I'm saying is there are some things in life that aren't going to change until you change your outlook of it. So the next time something begins to bug you, just start laughing and be thankful in spite of.

I hope this can be a blessing to someone in some way. As always, I pray that God blesses each and everyone of you who will read this. May God bless you spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically and financially. I ask that you would pray the same for me, and if you like this please tell someone else about it. Another blog coming real soon... stay tune! I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mike! And it came at a great time, I could use a laugh today. It also makes me think of Joyce Meyer's book Power Thoughts. I haven't read it yet, but it's supposed to be about changing your attitude when you can't change the situation. It should be a good read.

    ReplyDelete