Monday, May 4, 2009

FAITHFULNESS

So, once again I'm here to spread some Godly love to you all through my writing. I was saying that my next blog would be on still living as a Christian after Easter, but last night I was inspired to do differently. At communion service, the First Lady of my church (Guiding Light Church) got up and God put it on her heart to talk about faithfulness. She was just saying how sometimes it's so hard for us to get to church. Sometimes it's so hard for us to do extra around the church. Many times we say or think that we got enough church this Sunday that we don't have to go back for the rest of the month. Or we maybe thinking, "Well, God understands that right now it's tough times and a rough economy so I don't have to give all of my tithes, or I don't have to go back to church tonight. Lord, you understand if I don't go to bible study this week." Then she went on to ask, "What if God did the same thing?" What if God said, well I wont intercede on Mike's behalf today, he'll be ok? What if God said, I don't have to answer Mike's prayers today it can wait. What if God said, I've done enough for Mike for a month or so. Now this next one is the one that got me... What if God withdrew the breath of life from our bodies for just one second, one Sunday, one month?... So, that is the inspiration behind this blog entry.

A few definitions for faithfulness
1.strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
2.true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
3.steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
4.reliable, trusted, or believed.
5.adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate: a faithful account; a faithful copy.
6.Obsolete. full of faith; believing.

It's amazing that when you carefully read through just these afore mentioned definitions, how many of us can say that we're are truly this way to God?... Well, I know as for me I'm so thankful for His faithfulness. So many times we want God to work miracles that you don't even understand, but yet we still remain to be "First Sunday Christians", "Fair Weather Christians", "Luke-warm Christians", "Closet Christians", and the list goes on and on. If God gave us what we deserved... wow, where would we be? It's like my pastor was saying yesterday, we go out of our way to sin. We can go out of town to shop, party, hang out, etc. but when it comes to church we can't even go back for a second service. It's easy for us to curse someone out, but hard for us to say, "Let's pray!" I know this one may get a lot of people, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It's now become easy for us to re-forward a forward about God in an email or text message, but it's hard for us to talk to people about God. The one's I hate the most are the ones that say send this to 20,000 people (lol) or have 7 years of bad luck. How are you gonna forward me something about spreading God's love when you can't even hold a conversation with me about Jesus? How are you gonna tell me that God's not going to bless me when I'm out here trying to win souls to Christ, and you're just trying to forward something so people will "think" you're a Christian?... ok I'm done with that one I had a tantrum for a minute.

So, I say to you try to be more faithful with God and watch Him move in your lifes in ways you never thought possible! Don't expect an overflow of blessings when you're out here partying with the devil all the time! Don't expect an overflow of blessings when you're out here spreading negativity through music, clothes, actions, language, etc... whoa! Don't expect an overflow of blessings when you're out here putting your self in situations where you can't be used by God! Don't expect an overflow of blessings if you can't find an excuse to be in the House of God! Don't expect an overflow of blessings if you're feeding anything kind of trash into your gates(eyes, ears, mouth and touch)! and yes for all of you who are thinking... Who does Mike think he is to be preaching to someone? Believe me all my blogs are as much for me as they are for anyone who will read them. Likewise back on November 9, 2008 when I re-dedicated my life to Christ and decided to stop the cycle of these things in my life is truly when blessings begin to flow!

When I decided to stop posting trash on facebook, myspace, etc. God started blessing! When I decided to share my blessings with others, God begin to bless me with more! When I decided to change my prayer that God present me with opportunities to witness, God started blessing! When I decided to pray for YOU more than I pray for myself, God begin to bless me! When I decided that no matter what that lil' sorry devil throw my way, I will yet trust Jesus then God started blessing!

So for all of you that think the world is so strong and you have to do too much work before you turn to God, I say "GET ON MY LEVEL"! Maybe that will help if I talk a language the world understands. Step yo' Christian SWAG up! Lean Wit it Rock Wit the Spirit of God! Hate on me Hata, you can get Mad at Me, but God gonna Bless Me! Let my Father put A RING ON IT... your life that is! Put on the Whole Armor of God and get Yo Roll On in this CHRISTIAN ARMY!
GOD THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS!

As always I pray that God blesses anyone who will read this, and all who don't. I pray that my blog will bless someone, and if it blesses you then tell someone else about it. Don't hold blessings to yourself, keep them flowing. God Bless and Love You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment