Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Are You Serious!...

I was watching the Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday, and she questioned Diddy about why he provided Chris Brown and Rihanna his facilities to talk it over and get back together. Diddy's exact words were:"I know both of them, and it's my house and I'm allowed to give my house to whomever I want to give my house too. That's #1. #2 is that I'm the type of person that I don't cast a stone or don't cast judgement on anybody. And so if a friend asks me for a favor, I'm gonna be there for them as long as I know that the energy of that favor is positive for two people to sit down and talk about a situation that they are in." He said that he was basically there a support for friends. Ellen said, "I understand where you're coming from, but I just don't want any girl out there to think it is ok to go back to a guy that hit her." So I was driving home from my morning shift at work a few minutes ago, and Steve Harvey had a representative from Essence on his show talking about the stand that they are taking against this situation and domestic violence in general. Steve Harvey basically went on to say everything that I feel, so I'm inspired to write an entry to my blog on this topic.

Are You Serious!... I don't pass judgement on people either, and by that I'm not saying that Chris Brown, who was one of my favorite artist and is still a very talented individual, is going to Hell for what he did because God forgives us continiously when we seek him. However, I am saying that there is no excuse for a Man, if that is what you call yourself, to hit a female... PERIOD! I understand where Diddy was coming from also, but at the same time if you call yourself a man you should walk away. She burnt me... WALK AWAY! She slapped me first... WALK AWAY! She lied on me... WALK AWAY! She spit in my face... WALK AWAY! She did whatever... WALK AWAY! Now I know that sometimes it seem as though females know all of the right buttons to push to take you to "that point", but there is still no excuse.

I also realize that a lot of times it is a stem of the way you were raise, and as for me. I never once, in the 11 years that I lived before my Mother died, saw my Father even raise his hand to strike her. Yes, I've heard them argue. Yes, I've saw him angry at her. Still never saw him hit her in any way. Now, I'm the youngest of 10 so I can't speak for all of my siblings I'm just speaking for myself. If you did come up in a household like that, then you gotta go to the only one who can change your outlook... GOD and ask him to show you how to be a man.

As for all of my beautiful Black, White, Brown, Red, Yellow, etc. women out there just know that if it happened once, you better believe it can happen again. Don't feel like you can't escape. Don't feel like you need a man to make it, because if he hits you he wasn't a Man in the first place. (notice i didn't capatalize the first man) Don't feel embarassed and like no one cares. Don't feel like you he loves you anyway and it'll never happend again. STOP BEING STUPID AND GET OUT OF THE SITUATION BEFORE IT ENDS IN DEATH! I'm quite sure every woman out there has some Man in their life that would help them out if they knew what was really going on. Don't take matters into your own hands. Get help if it ever happens.. the first time!

So for one last time, I'll say Are You Serious!...
As always be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment