Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Got Haters?...

Well, it's that time again! This entry was inspired by a sermon title that my Sister was telling me my cousin did last time he came home. The title was, "Go Ahead and Hate On Me, because Your Hating Is Going to Elevate Me." The way we got on the topic was the fact that I was telling her about a situation that I was facing. However, in the midst of the situation that seemed to be blatant hating or jealously, I never once got down about the situation or tried to return the hating. I just would say everytime God Bless them.

Then it came to me as clear as day... Why would you even entertain a Hater? If you think about it, as long as you entertain a hater or someone or something that is put in your life to be a hender and not a helper, you are giving that someone or something the power over you and your situation. So, choose to respond the way God told me to respond, and simply pray even harder for those roadblocks, be it people, places or things(situations). When you do that and forget about, you're removing yourself from the situation and simply saying Lord move in my behalf. Yes, believe me I know that sometimes it is hard to do that. I have situations and circumstances in my life right now that could get me down, but I choose to say God because I am your Covenant Child, because I am obeying the Leader you have placed in my life, God because I love you not just for what you do but for who You are, God because I know Faith can move mountains.... I trust and know that You are going to work this thing out!

Now, at the same time (please read this paragraph carefully) if you are going to trust God about a situation, person, or anything that henders your growth and advancement it is but a slap in the face of God if you ask him to fix a situation and you go on worrying about it. My pastor, Bishop Jim Lowe, was talking about negative spirits Sunday in his sermon and how they are not of God. One thing that stood out to me was when he said, not in these exact words, but "Negativity" indicates to God that you don't have the faith that he can work out a situation. Wow... think about that for a moment. God, Please take care of this sorry dude in my life, God, Please help me to be able to deal with my co-worker, God, Please help me to pass this class, God, Please help me to get a raise or a better job! Then we turn around and fuss with the sorry dude, then we turn around get an attitude before the co-worker even opens their mouth, then we turn around and not study to get the grade, then we turn around and half do the job that we have! Hello, you can get a raise if you're not putting in the work! Hello, God is not going to bless us with the new job if we're not putting our hearts into the one we have now. Yes, believe me I'm talking to myself too!

I said all that to say this paragraph here...
I told you a few entries back that I know that God tests you at every level, and you who know me know that God has been blessing me left and right, in my going in and my coming out! However, you see the blessings, but you don't see the trials I'm going through daily. Some days, I just have to catch my breath and put a smile on my face, because I wonder how I'm going to make it through. Then as Lecrae(an amazing gospel rap artist, go buy his newest album Rebel) says, I sober up and realize how God sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross for my sins. Wow, in other words if He does not another thing for me, He's already done enough. Likewise, I wake up every morning and conclude that no matter what comes my way, I'm going to trust and depend on God every step of the way. For, If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hands (Psalms 37:23-24 I can testify to the fact that life is so much better when you have that outlook.

So, for the single Mother, for the struggling college student, for the single Father, for the Man/Woman that just wants a relationship with God, for the jobless, for the week-minded, for the person who don't know where to turn, for the person who does not know where the next meal, check, opportunity is coming from, for the single Woman, for the single Man, for the young person trying to sustain, for the sick, for the HATERS, for the HATED... just give it to God, and I mean really give it to God and let go. So many times we try to help others with quotes, prayer, advice, but how many times do we apply it to ourselves... something to make you go hmmmm. Well, I am going to take all my advice.

And this is why, I know I am going to be alright. Now, I have to calm down before I start shouting...lol As always, I pray that everyone who has read, is reading, or will read this will bless beyond measure. God Bless You, and if this does something for you, don't keep it to yourself. Tell somebody else about it, or now I've set it up where you can email someone. Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to leave it at the previous comment, but I started thinking...and that is so true. It is such a slap in the face for us to continue to worry about stuff..and better-yet, try to fix it ourselves, when we claim that we've handed it over. And God really shows up and shows out when we sit back and stop interfering with what He's trying to do. I love this, Mike.

    ReplyDelete