Friday, February 6, 2009

Life Is Too Short! (Originally written on June 24, 2008)

This is my second blog, and I titled it the way I did for various reasons.
Life is too short!
It is so important that we cherish every single day that we have hear on this Earth. We never know when our time is going to come. I think so many times people would be so much better off if they could just open up and communicate more. It is vitally important that we communicate with the ones we love. Tell them you love them even when you think they know and they're tired of hearing you say it.
Life is too short!
Now of course there is some inspiration behind me writing a blog like this. Last week this time I was counting down the days until my week long vacation in New Jersey. As we were headed to Jersey early Saturday morning, I received a phone call from my brother-in-law saying that my Father had been rushed to the hospital. He had a stroke, and they would call us back with more information as soon as the doctor told them something. The entire remainder of the trip my sister phone rang off the hook as my older sister called her to give us more updates. After being in New Jersey for 2 full days, we decided to come back home. This morning around 6a.m. I had the opportunity to see my Father, and he did not look good. With the educational background that I have in a health and fitness related field I understand a little more what is going on inside the body when someone has a stroke or when someone has bleeding on the brain; so I knew from the start that it was not good. However, I know that God can do all things but fail. Now just Friday I talked to my Father and we had a normal conversation (no panic or stress in his voice) and now I'm praying for my Father's life.Life is too short!12 years ago in August I was getting ready to return to school to start the 6th grade. It was the Saturday before school started and my Mother was taking me on last minute school shopping. She suffered from asthma, and usually her inhaler would do the trick. However, this night was not a normal night. She was not feeling well at all. We woke up Sunday morning, like any other Sunday morning; but for the first time in my life (that I can remember) my Mother did not feel well enough to make it to Sunday school and service. When we returned home to my Mother and Brother who stayed with her she did not look well. She prayed up until the last sentence that came out of her mouth, and I will never forget the last words I heard her speak... "Lord, I'm ready" Now, in my eyes I saw my Mother living as long as I, but that Sunday afternoon I realized...
Life is too short!
The whole purpose of this blog is to give you a microscopic view of my emotions to help you understand that you can never say never, and that you must take advantage of every moment that God blesses you with on this Earth. Always figure out how you can do something good for someone else. Remember to tell those close to you that you love them, because one day you may never get that opportunity again. Always remember to pray for those you love and especially for those you hate or despise.
Life is too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment