Friday, February 6, 2009

My Prayer (Originally written on July 20, 2008)

You know it's amazing sometimes when you're trying to live a life that is right so that one day you can hear those special words, "Well done thy good and faithful servant"! The funny thing is we make it harder than it is sometimes. I once heard Steve Harvey say on his morning show how much better off we would be if we just kept him close. You don't have to be perfect but so many times we have a hard time doing the simple things like talking to God or reading the bible as much as we read Muscle & Fitness, Men's Health, Maxim, or the Sports section(as you can see I'm talking to myself). So sometimes we lay down without even telling God Thanks for another day of life. Since I love to type and write, I'm going to just type out my prayer.

My Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Dear Heavenly Father I want to first thank you for waking me up this morning and starting me on my way and for just helping me to see another day full of your mercy and grace. For I know that maybe I didn't deserve to enjoy life another day but you saw fit to give me another opportunity to get it right, and for that I thank you! Lord right now I also ask that you would forgive me of all the sins that I have committed seen and unseen, known and unknown; and Lord I also would like to thank you for blessing me spiritually, mentally, socially, physically and financially. Lord I ask and thank you for showing me what my purpose is in life, and my true divine potential and destiny.

Lord right now I ask that you would bless all the people in each and every facet of my life right now. Bless all my siblings and their families (Prince III, Princess, Darrell, Denita, Rodney, Ronald, Israel, Jennifer, and Latasha). Bless them all in every aspect of their lives. Keep them safe from all hurt, harm and danger or snares by the enemy. Bless my beautiful girlfriend Felicia. Bless her to give you the glory in all the success that she will gain because of the bright future that I know is ahead of her. Lord I also ask that you would bless our relationship, bless me to be the husband that she needs when that time comes. Lord I also ask that you would bless each and every one of my friends past and present. Bless them with the desires of their hearts. Also Lord I ask and thank you for blessing each and every one of my Fraternity Brothers (locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally). Be the foundation of this great organization. Lord I also ask that you will bless my co-workers, relatives, neighbors and anyone else in my life. Bless me so that I can be a blessing to all those around me.

And Lord now that I have ask for all these things, help me to have the health, mind, and ability to seek these things. Help me not to be one that just asks and not act in faith. Give me the guidance to seek ye first and then Lord I know all these things shall be added unto me. And finally Lord when I get to the door of these things that I have requested, give me the courage to knock at the door so that I may obtain them. Help me to be a lender and not a borrower, a leader and not a follower, a victor and not a victim, a winner and not a quitter. Then Lord when that time comes for me to meet you, thank you for helping me to live my life in such a way that I will hear those sacred words, "Well done thy good and faithful servant" for that is truly what I want you to say. I thank you for all the things you have done in my life, the things you are doing right now, and the things you are going to do, and it is Jesus' name I do pray Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment