Saturday, February 21, 2009

Truly Amazing

I just left a Men's Fellowship Breakfast and Movie at my church and it was truly a blessing, nothing short of amazing. The movie we watched is Fireproof (PLEASE IF YOU GET A LITTLE SPARE CHANGE, GO GET THIS ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE IN ANY KIND OF RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE). I had been hearing people talk about the movie, and some of my clients and others was telling me how it was a life-changing movie. Well, I experienced first hand that it is. I will not spoil the movie for you, but basically what I got out of it was: We always look for God to give us a way out of situations, or ask him to fix our problems; but do we really get ourselves out of the way so he can?... Every since my fiance'' and I joined our church back in October, God has truly been taking me to new places spiritually, mentally, socially, physically and financially. However, on the other hand he's allowed me to be tested on every front. Well after watching this movie I realize that although we ask God to fix our problems, we don't A.S.K. God! Allow me to expound on what I mean:

My pastor had been teaching a series on ask, and he actually broke it down to us in a simple way... A.S.K. Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:7-11 NIV) It was amazing when he broke the word ask down into an acronym, you never see it as A.S.K., Ask Seek Knock. So in essence he was telling us that when you ask God, it is three-fold: asking or praying to God in the Spirit, seeking or worshipping and praising God through a connection in your soul, and knocking or making a physical effort with your body.

Well, honestly after watching this movie, I get it. Every since I re-dedicated my life to Christ, I've been asking, I've been seeking, but I haven't made that full comittment with my body as far a giving up those things that separated me from my Father. For to love God, is to know God, and to know God is to obey him!

Our pastor also began a new series on prayer last Sunday, and he was saying that you have to get naked with God... I know at first the congregation was like huh... Well, basically all he was saying is that if you really want God to bless you and be in control of you life, then you have to put it all on the table and not hide anything from him. Think about it, he knows everything we do anyway so why try to hide it. So this is me getting naked with God and not caring who knows about it. Over the last few months since I've gotten my life back on track, I've been tempted with not Drugs, not Alcohol, not Fornication, not Lying, not Hate, not Gossip, but with a lust demon in the form of what my eyes were taking in from this very screen that I type this entry on now. So, if you are reading this I ask that you pray for me that God will honor my nakedness before him and heal my land. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."(2 Chronicles 7:14) Now, I have asked, I have seeked so now I am going to tell you how I am going to knock.

Starting as soon after I post this entry on here, myspace, facebook and iseecolor (frequent sites where I blog) I am going to give up the internet and computers in any way, shape, form or faction for 7 full days in expectance of a miracle and deliverance from the Lord. I am expecting and claiming that when I return to this very screen things will not look the same, things that were enticing before will be laughable(don't know if I spelled that right) in 7 days. So, if you are trying to reach me, even if it's too comment or let me know that you've read this. You can contact me on my cell by text or calling. Now, if you don't have my number and you really want to reach me if we are in fact close enough you should be able to find someone who can put you in contact with me. I will not be checking any of my emails, or turning my laptop on for any reason, so again you can reach me by my cell or by prayer! :) May God Bless All Who Reads This, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment